An Open Source approachOct 2014
Open Source Cinema UK will be taking an open and transparent approach to Digital Film Production and Services. Our inspiration and intention is to allow growth and freedom and provide the tools to achieve the desired results through a network of like minded collaborators.
We wish to engage the open source community by :
- Clearly show people what Open Source actually means, and how it works.
- Establishing credibility and deserved kudos for those people and projects who have in fact open sourced their work.
- Giving people the freedom to study, understand, modify and sell their products or derivatives there of.
The ethos behind this is :
- To establish Digital Film Production and services at this stage.
- To emphasise our inspiration is taken from Open Source,
- Our intention to develop a workflow of Open Source tools.
- To include the elements which we wish to incorporate which can categorically be described as Open Source.
There are many ways we will establish the positive approaches we wish to be taking, which includes describing the collaborative elements of our service, the transparency, the customisation and so forth.
These elements are familiar from the world of Open Source